Can you support a young person through SHAP’s Supported Lodgings Project? Do you have a spare room you are willing to let?

Can you provide a young person with a home and support them to be independent?  Supported Lodgings help young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness by offering them lodgings with a host.  Being a host, you can be a host whether you are single, a couple, a family, at work or retired. Ideally you will live in St Helens. Being a host means that you are happy to offer a young person a room in your home for up to two years and support them while they build up the day-to-day skills they need to move on and live independently

The help you will receive. Supporting a young person as a host offers a huge personal reward. An in-depth induction programme and ongoing training. A weekly payment which covers the cost of supporting and housing a young person. Weekly support from specialist Shap staff and a 24/7 telephone support service. See attached for more information or Contact Shap on 01744 454056 for more information.

Get In Touch

Halton & St Helens VCA 

Halton Office: 01928 592 405
St Maries
Lugsdale Road

St Helens Office: 01744 457100 
2nd Floor Beacon Building
College Street
St Helens
WA10 1TF



Halton & St Helens VCA is an infrastructure organisation that provides advice, information and development support services to voluntary, community, not-for-profit and faith organisations and volunteers in the Boroughs of St Helens and Halton.